This is a DTE (Data Terminal Equipment) serial module, it means you can connect this device to any DCE (Data Communication Equipment) such as Modems or any DCE device equipped with a female DB9 connector. Using our 990.002 USB XBee Board on a PC and this module on the device, you can easily transform every serial cable in a wireless connection with a maximum speed of 115K Baud and a distance of up to 1.2Km. You can use any of the Series1 or Series2 XBee modules and make a reliable and fast serial network in minutes. Three useful LEDís show the TX activity of the Board and the signal strenght (RSSI) the third LED show the associated status. You can change the function of some LED in the XBee EEProm. The feature connector is useful to program the XBee or for powering external 3.3V devices. You can also use this module as serial level converter for 3.3V TTL signals.
990.006 XBee DTE Serial Board
- 3.3V OUT - Output Power: depends on the Xbee module used. About 300mA available with XBee, and 140mA with XBeePRO modules.
- Dimensions: 33 x 48 mm - max height 13 mm (without XBee)
- TX, Associated and RSSI LEDs to monitor Serial and XBee activity
- Hardware Handshaking full supported
- Energy Saving Mode when the XBee go in Sleep Mode, the serial chip do the same
- Feature Connector useful for programming the XBee, powering the module from a 3.3V source or power a 3.3V external device. Can be used as a serial level converter too.